USB Devices are mostly used to transfer the data to our multiple devices. So, it’s very risky and had a high chance of getting infected by malware.
They are randomly used in multiple devices without thinking twice and with so little care.So, this makes them vulnerable to act as a objects of data theft and virus contamination.
We should be careful and be safe while using this to prevent from USB viruses.
I just saw a post from SBI ” State bank of India” sharing some useful tips on this topic so thought to share this.
Do’s and Dont’s while using USB devices
- Encrypt the files and folders on the device containing bank statements
- Scan the USB device with the latest Antivirus before accessing
- Protect the device with a password
- Use USB security products to access or copy data in the USB.
- Do not accept any promotional USB device from unknown members.
- Never keep sensitive information like bank details and passwords on a USB disk.
- Never connect the device to a virus-infected system.