Master in e-Governance is a 2 years (semester-wise) degree offered by Nepal Open University. This course focuses on the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) to better deliver services to services seeker and democracy practices to governance.
Course objectives of Master in e-Governance
This course has the following objectives:
- Prepare dedicated IT leaders for the ICT-enabled development of Nepal with a global perspective.
- Build skill full HR with problem-solving, critical analyzing, and software and application development planning capabilities to the government.
- Produce IT managers, with people skills who can successfully manage IT professional great understanding.
Who can join this course ??
Master in e-Governance Eligibility
Candidates with the following qualifications are eligible for entrance test examination and study Master in e-Governance:
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in IT with II division related discipline or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University/Institute.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and 2 year proved working experience on e-Government or IT or corporate governance.
Curricular structure of Master in e-Governance
This program is divided into 4 semesters (Twenty Four months).
Semester-I: 5 courses x 3 credits = 15 Credits
Semester-II: 5 courses x 3 credits = 15 Credits
Semester-III: 5 courses x 3 credits = 15 Credits
Semester-IV: 5 courses x 3 credits = 12 Credits, Research/Thesis = 6 Credits
Total = 63 Credits
What is the Admission criteria?
In Semester Evaluation (40%)
-Unit Assignment/Project/Task (20%)
-Critical Comment/Review (15%)
-Interaction with the Tutor (5%)
Semester-end Evaluation (60%)
-Short answer questions
-Long answer questions
-Analytical / critical thinking question
(With a focus on higher-order thinking skills such as analysis, synthesis, evaluation, etc.)
Which college to study for Master’s in e-Governance?
The mode of course delivery consists of open and distance (online/offline) and face-to-face or both. 85% of the course is designed to be delivered on distance (online/offline) mode, and remaining 15% on face-to-face mode.
Fee Structure of Master’s in e-Governance in Nepal Open University
|Semester||Installment – 1||Second Installment with Exam Fee||Total||Admission Delay||Exam Delay|
(Last updated 2020-01-01)
How to apply online to study Master’s in e-Governance at Nepal Open University (NOU)?
- Go to Nepal Open University official Site. i.e https://www.nou.edu.np/student-panel
- Click on For Entrance section
- Now there’s a Student panel login page
- Login / If you are new then Signup and create a username and password
- Now the following page will occur;
Fill out all the details in every section and apply for the entrance.
Master in e-Governance – Semester wise Syllabus
- First Semester
1 EGVN – 501 E-Governance Principles and Practices 3 cr
2 EGVN – 502 Digital Economy and e-governance fordevelopment3 cr
3 EGVN – 503 Legal and Ethical Issues in e-Governance 3 cr
4 EGVN – 504 Communication Skill for e-Governance 3 cr
5 EGVN – 505 Programming Concepts and Techniques 3 cr
- Second Semester
1 EGVN – 551 Database Management Systems 3 cr
2 EGVN – 552 Organization Behavior and Human Resource Management 3 cr
3 EGVN – 553 IT Governance 3 cr
4 EGVN – 554 Information Systems 3 cr
5 EGVN – 555 Object-Oriented Programming 3 cr
- Third Semester
1 EGVN – 601 Web Technology 3 cr
2 EGVN – 602 Research Methodology 3 cr
3 EGVN – 603 Technology Management 3 cr
4 EGVN – 604 Software Engineering and Project Management 3 cr
5 EGVN – 605 Research Project 3 cr
- Fourth Semester
1 EGVN – 651 Network and Infrastructure Management 3 cr
2 EGVN – 652 Information System Audit 3 cr
3 EGVN – 699 Thesis / Dissertation 9 cr
- List of Electives (Anyone from following)
4 EGVN – 653 Cloud Computing 3 cr
5 EGVN – 654 Cyber Security Management 3 cr
6 EGVN – 655 GIS and Remote Sensing 3 cr
7 EGVN – 656 Artificial Intelligence 3 cr
8 EGVN – 657 Knowledge Management 3 c
People are Loving
What is an IP Addressing? Can I Trace Location By Using IP Address
We all mobile phone and computer user need to know that all of us has an unique virtual address attached...
Best 5G Mobile Phones for 2021
Best 5G mobile phones is in the rivalry at this current moment. Well famous populars brands are in this game...
How to transfer data from your old iPhone to new one
Transfer data from your old iphone to new one In iOS world, currently there is best iPhone line up i.e...
Step-wise Instructions to Discover Lost Apple Watch
Sometimes people lost their valuable gadgets in house, office or somewhere concerned. In such situation they may get frustrate and...
Background Processing in Linux. Here is what you need to know!
Introduction of Process Process is an instance of program. A new process is started when you gibe any command to...