Google has recently announced the “People Cards” which is a virtual visiting card of people. This “People Cards” feature allows others to find your virtual visiting cards while they search for you on the google search.
This feature is currently launched in India only. It is also in the testing phase in India. The People Cards will provide a visiting card experience where you can highlight your websites and social profiles, along with other information that the person wants others to know. The main aim of this feature is to help professionals, freelancers, and prospective employees to be discovered by others.
In a statement released by Google, they said, “Making it easier for people to build an online presence and discover others, Google announced a new feature on Search called people cards. With this search experience, users can now create a virtual visiting card on Search, highlight their existing website or social profiles, and complement it with information about themselves they would like others to know. The new feature is aimed at helping the millions of individuals, influencers, entrepreneurs, prospective employees, self-employed people, freelancers, or anyone else out there who wants to be discovered and help the world find them. Starting today, users across India can discover the people cards on their mobile phones, in English.”
What do you need to create a Google People Card?
-An android smartphone or a tablet; or an iPhone or iPad. This feature is not available on the desktop, so you need a mobile or a tablet.
– You need a mobile browser or a Google Search App
– You also need to have your own personal Gmail account.
– Your device needs to have Web & App Activity turned on.
– Also, currently, you need to be from India, as this feature is only available in India for now.
Also read: Google Doodle: Happy Birthday from Google
How to create a Google People cards or the google virtual cards?
Steps to create a Google People Cards
1. Open the google search app, or open your mobile browser and go to google.com.
2. Search your name on it. Alternatively, you can also search “add me to google” or “edit my people card”.
3. After that, you will find an option to add yourself to google search at the top of the search results. Click on “Get Started”.
4. Then, enter the information that you want to share publicly on your People card. However, the Summary and Profession fields are required.
5. Click on Preview to preview the card and select Submit if you are satisfied with your People Card.
Things to make remember while making your Google People Cards
1. Provide as much information as you can
Even if you make Google People cards, Google cannot guarantee that it will show your card on the search results. So, make sure to enter as much information as you can so that google will be able to show your cards on the search results.
2. Make your name distinguishable
Also, your name might be same as some famous person. In such case, it will be difficult to show your card on the search results. Therefore, add some other distinguishable term to your name so that it becomes more easier to search for you. For example, “Sahid kapoor the pianist” will be a more distinguishable name if you want to distinguish yourself from the actor Sahid Kapoor. In this way, you can make your name distinguishable.
3. Include only genuine information about yourself
Add genuine information about yourself without adding any irrelevant information. If the information is not about who you are or what you do, Google might remove your People card. To know more about the violations, check out Google’s User Content Policy.
4. Make sure your information is up-to-date
Google may stop showing your card in search results if you haven’t updated or verified your card for a very long time. Also, Google will notify you to make changes if your content have violated any of their terms and conditions. So, make sure you make changes and keep your card up-to-date.
So, are you ready to make your own virtual visiting card and introduce yourself to the world? Well, its too bad for people outside India for now, but hopefully, they will release this feature worldwide in the near future.
How excited are you? Leave your comments below on the comment box.
Also, follow ICTByte on Facebook for more updates: Facebook