- List of items to be discussed in meeting. i.e document that outlines the content of forthcoming meeting
- Sent to the participants prior to meeting
- Agenda is prepared by secretary in coordination of chairperson generally
- Order of agenda cannot be changed during the course of meeting
Agenda of ABC Company
A meeting of the Branch Managers of ABC Bank working in Kathmandu Valley will be held in the Head Office, Baneshwar, Kathmandu on Friday, May 7, 2021 at 1:00 PM.
The following will participate in the meeting:
Mr. Gyanu Thapa (BM New Baneshwar), Mrs. Arati Poudel ( BM Kirtipur) ……..
The purpose of the meeting is to discuss:
1. Salary structure of the employees
2. Energy crises
3. Improvement in e-banking and Customer Service
4. Training on Business Communication
5. Discussion on Corporate Social Responsibility
- Minute is summary or record of what is said or decided in formal meeting
- Permanent formal record
- Recorded by secretary
- Minute should be
- Concise and
- It is signed by chairperson
Importance of Meeting Minutes
- Confirm any decision made
- Record any agreed action to be taken
- Record of allocation of task
- Provide details of meeting who are unable to attend
- Serve as a record of meeting procedure and outcome
Task Involved on Taking Minutes
- Making summary about meeting’s agenda
- Making list of details beforehand
- Recording the body of minutes
- Concluding the minutes
- Distributing the minutes among the attendees
Components to Running Productive Meeting (According to Cameron Herold)
- A Clear Purpose:
- Every meeting has to have a clear purpose. The person leading the meeting, as well as those in attendance, need to know why they are there.
- Start on Time: “ If you are not five minutes early, you are late.”
- 5 Finish five minutes early.
Forms of recording meeting
- Video Record
- Audio Record
- Hand Record / Written
Format of Minute
- Begins with name of organization, place, date, attenddes
- Agenda for said meeting
- Official decision
- Date, time and place of next meeting
- Assignments and persons responsible
A Sample of Minute of a Meeting
New Baneshwar, Kathamandu
A board meeting of ABC was held in the Board Room at 1 PM on 2 May 2021. Quorum was established.
Presiding: Mr. Ram Prasad Uprety, President– Chairperson
- Mr. Ram Prasad Uprety, Chairperson
- Mr. Daya Basnet, Finance Director
- Mr. Vivek Khatiwada, Production Director
- Miss Ranjana Dahal, Marketing Director
- Mr. Prem Ghatane, Human Resourses Director
- Mr. Ghanshyam Pun, Company Secretary
- Mr. Ram Krishna Shrestha, Sales Director
The meeting made the following decisions:
1. The minutes of the meeting held on 29 March 2021 were approved.
2. A final dividend of 40% on equity shares was proposed.
3. Mr. Ghanshyam Pun was given a responsibility of circulating request to all departmental heads for items to be included in the Annual Report.
4. The next meeting of the Board will be held on 15 September 2021.
The meeting ended with a vote of thanks to the Chair.