Skip to content
How to plan a meeting?
- Define the purpose and outcome
- Determine who should be there?
- Reserve meeting room and required equipment
- Decide setup
- Develop an agenda
- Distribute agenda prior to meeting
- Inform participants
Techniques for Conducting Meeting
- Plan the meeting (agenda…)
- Follow the plan (Don’t let the discussion deviated; follow the plan of the meeting)
- Move the discussion along (As a leader/ secretary, control the agenda. When discussion moves out of track, you need to move it back on subject)
- Control the attendees who talk much
- Encourage participants to participate who talk little.
- Control the time / Allocate certain time for each participant
- Summarize at appropriate place
- Conclude each point and move to another
- At end of meeting, summarize the total progress
Techniques for Participating in Meeting
- Follow the agenda
- Don’t talk too much
- Cooperate: Respect other participants and work with them in a practical way
- Be courteous