True caller is a popular app that tells you details of an unknown phone number that is calling you. The app is very handy cause it tells about to whom the unknown number belongs to. The app uses the user’s address book to collect the information. So even if you don’t have a truecaller account, your details will still be available because your number is saved on a user’s address book.
The true caller does allow you to unlist your number from the app but, you cannot you the app again. That means you will have to delete the truecaller account permanently. So, if you think your privacy, as well as the privacy of the people in your address book, is being breached, delete the account.
Follow the following steps to remove your number as well as delete your truecaller account.
You first have to deactivate your account and then unlist or remover your number from the app.
Steps to delete truecaller account
- Firstly, open your true call app and click on the 3 strip menu. If you are an IOS user, click on the people icon.
- After that, you have to click on the settings and then on privacy centre.
- Next, scroll down until you see the deactivate option. Then press the option.
- Then, confirm that you want to deactivate the account by clicking on the yes option.
Now, let us see how to remover your number from the true caller.
Steps to remove your phone number from truecaller
- After you have deactivated your account, search for true caller unlist.
- Then, enter the phone number with the country code. For eg, +977 9813xxxxxx.
- Next, click on the “I’m not a robot” to verify. then press the “Unlist phone number” button.
Note that it can take 24hrs before a number to be removed or unlisted.
Also checkout: How can I send free SMS from my computer?