What is Interview ?
- Interview is a formal meeting at which somebody is asked questions to see if they are suitable for a particular job, or for a course of study at a college , university.
- In business, interviews are conducted for employment purpose, to get information, and to give information.
- A job interview is a process in which a potential employee is evaluated by an employer for perspective employment in their company, organization, or firm.
The Typical Sequence of Interviews
- Screening stage : Here, an employer filters out applicants who are unqualified. It can be done through telephone. Time is limited.
- Best approach to the interview at the screening stage is to follow the interviewer’s lead.
- The next stage of the interviews is selection stage. You may interview with several people, perhaps at the same time.
- During the final stage, the interviewer may try to sell you on working for the firm.