Android hidden features
We use our phone on daily basis. We use various features on our phones for various purposes. Some features are used daily and some are used rarely. But have you used all the features available on your Android phone?
There are many Android hidden features that users are unaware of. So to cover that up we have provided you with 6 Android hidden features you must know below:
Android hidden features
1. Cast your phone screen to TV
Why watch on a small screen when you can watch media on your TV? Yes, you can watch movies on your TV which are on your phone. To enable this Android hidden feature simply follow the steps below.
- Swipe down from the top of your Android phone/tablet in order to reveal the Quick Settings
- Find and select a button labeled Screencast.
- A list of devices (Chromecast) on your network will show up. Select the one that’s connected to your TV
- After that, the Android phone’s screen will cast on TV.
2. Lock people out of specific apps
There are times when your friends or other people want to access your phone to use certain apps. But what if you do not want them to use other features except for the required app? A simple answer follows the steps below to enable Screen Pinning.
When you enable Screen Pining other people will be only able to use the app which you have pinned. To use other features they use passwords.
- Go to Settings of your device and then to security
- Find the Screen pining option and then enable Screen pinning. (also ask for password option)
- Open the app you want to pin
- Then press the square button on the bottom right corner of your screen
- Then Hold the app
- You will see the Pin option then tap Pin
To unpin press the square and the back button at the same time. Then enter your phone’s password.
3. Do not disturb
When you want to be away from any type of disturbance from Sound, vibration, and notifications ‘Do not disturb’ option is best. Follow the steps below :
- Go to settings of your device then go to sound settings
- Find and Tap Do not disturb option
- Then set the cases you want to allow
- Then enable Do not disturb.
4. Encrypt your phone’s data
Among many Android hidden features, this feature is a very important one. Once your Android device is encrypted, all data stored on the android device is locked behind the fingerprint, pattern, or password which is known only to the owner.
- Go to settings of your device
- Tap Security option and Tap Encryption option
- Tap Encrypt phone then read the terms and tap encrypt phone
Note: After encyption the phone might be slow for some time and your battery needs to be about 80% before starting the encrption.
‘Split screen’ These two words are enough to tell you what you are missing on Android hidden features of your phone. Just follow the steps below and enjoy the two screens at once.
- Open any two apps
- Then tap the square button on your bottom right corner
- Then press on one app until a popup option arrives then select split option
- Then select another app
- Boom! two screens
Note: All the apps may not be compatible with this feature.
6.Change volume settings independently
This is a simple and common among Android hidden features but all of the users might not know. If you don’t then listen, Did you know you can set all your volumes of the speaker, ringtone, and alarm with one button? If no then follow the steps below:
- Press the volume button
- Then you will see a settings icon
- Press that icon and then set the volume settings independently
So, These are the 6 Android hidden features you must know. If we had missed something let us know in the comment below.
January 21 @ 10:00 am - January 25 @ 5:00 pm
NEPAL3 days ago
Smart Driving License Online Form Registration made unlimited now!
Facebook6 days ago
How to Clear Your Off-Facebook Activity? : Do it just in 6 steps
Security4 days ago
Simple and Easy Steps to Lock a Folder on Windows 10
TIPS7 days ago
How to Enable/Disable Advertising (Ads) Blocker in Chrome Browser? : Just Easy 4 Steps
Ncell5 days ago
Ncell launches Chatbot Service ‘MAYA’
android3 days ago
How To Enable Call Forwarding on Android?
android3 days ago
Simple Trick To Change Navigation Bar Color On Your Android Device
android8 hours ago
How To Check IMEI Number in Any Android Phone?