According to the Department of IT from the Nepal government, the website and web applications should consider the following things to maintain security.
This is from the official notice published by the Nepal government IT Department.
They requested the concerned authorities and departments to maintain extra security measures for the safety of their web application which is as below:
- The files associated with website/ web applications are to be kept with a backup in both offline as well as online mode.
- The unnecessary files, database, and application to be removed immediately from the application host.
- Use the SSL encryption on the website for additional security.
- Apply strong policy in the passwords.
- Store the passwords in the database only after using the one-way hashing methods and after encryption measures.
- Use multifactor authentication.
- Keep the files of the web server environment and web application platform up to date and store the latest information.
- Stop or restrict the unrestricted file uploads in the server.
- Make sure you keep the software development platform and OS hidden from normal users and private in the site
- Stop the unnecessary service port.
- Make sure to block the users that try to attempt to login with the wrong credentials.
- Keep your website/web application security guidelines testing methods in such a way that it follows OWASP(Open web application security project) security guidelines once a year.
Read the official notice from the IT Department of Nepal Government.
Stay updated with ICTByte for similar news.
People are Loving
A Complete and Powerful Guide for Google Search Console (GSC) 
Google Search Console (GCS): Google Search Console is a webmaster tools which helps to check the website statistics and index...
Blue Screen Error on Microsoft Surface Pro: Fix it with some Simple Methods
The latest Microsoft Surface Pro models have great functionality. But they’re not immune to the common issues you face in...
8 ways to grow your Tiktok followers and get famous
Are you wondering about how to grow your Tiktok followers? TikTok is one of the latest social media sites, and...
Tips and Tricks to Make Siri More Useful
Everyone has love and hate relationship with Siri. Siri is Apple’s voice controlled digital assistant of iOS. Siri is powered...
How to remove Microsoft Edge from Windows 10?
Browsers Overview Many people use Google Chrome browser, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari Browser, and some of the professional user...
10 Hits in 30 Days
Security4 weeks ago
Data Safety on the Cloud – How to Keep your Cloud Storage Safe and Sound
Certification4 weeks ago
Only 4 Steps and Your Certbolt PMI PMP Certification in Your Pocket!
Share Market3 weeks ago
IPO Result of Jeevan Bikash Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (JBLBSL). When will JBLBSL IPO Result Publish?
Share Market3 weeks ago
IPO Result of Manakamana Smart Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited. When will Manakamana Smart Laghubitta IPO Result Publish?
EVENTS3 weeks ago
ICT Award 2021 – Biggest Tech Award of Nepal calls for Nomination
Computer3 weeks ago
People are using these 8 easy tips to stop spam in their mail.
Auto Life7 days ago
Bike Tax Rate in Nepal [ 2078/79 – Latest Update ]
OPINION2 weeks ago
Nest Nepal Hosting Review: Is it worth buying Nest Nepal’s Hosting in Nepal?