There is no doubt that Spotify provides a great service. However, there is one little problem that users find annoying. Most of them are confused about how can they change Spotify username? Like with many other digital services, after creating an account you receive a username. The same holds true for Spotify too. Unfortunately, the username is just a random sequence of letters and numbers. And until recently, there was no way to change it.
Spotify is the largest audio streaming service in the world. When it comes to music streaming, there are only a handful of other apps, that provide the same level of services that Spotify offers to its users. Some users have been using Spotify since it first launched in 2008. You’ll probably find any music you’re looking for in this app. Add to that, the widest selection of podcasts from anywhere around the world and you’re in for countless hours of entertainment.
How To Change Spotify Username
Once you register with Spotify, you end up with a gibberish user name such as sdfa7x8. This is supposed to be your unique identifier on Spotify’s database. So theoretically there is no way you can change Spotify username once you register. However, you don’t need to remember this gibberish username. Furthermore, .it doesn’t even have to show up in your account either. And the way to do it is to use a display name.
A display name can be added to your account directly from Spotify or you can connect your Facebook account with Spotify and use your FB username instead. I’ll guide you through both the ways in this article.
Add or Change your Spotify display name
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, and playlists. Follow these steps for Mobiles and Tablets.
- Tap Home, then Settings.
- Tap View profile. Tap Edit Profile.
- Tap your display name to change it. you can also add or change your profile photo here.)
- Tap on save.
Change Spotify Display Name From Facebook
Another way to change your display name is to connect your Spotify with your Facebook account. To change your Spotify username, or rather the display name on a computer, follow these steps:
- Open the Spotify app on your computer
- Click on the download pointing arrow next to your profile picture and name in the upper right corner.
- Select settings from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down on the settings page until you find the Social section. There click on connect to Facebook.
- Finally, fill in your credentials and click on the Log in button to connect your Account.
On Mobile or Tablet:
- Open the Spotify app
- You can see the open your settings in the upper right corner, tab this icon
- Scroll down until you find the Social tab. Tab to open it.
- After that, you’ll find the Connect to Facebook option at the bottom of the page. Then tap this.
- You’ll then be greeted with a pop-up that asks for your permission to use Facebook.
- You can then tab on the continue option to enter your Facebook credentials and finish up this connecting process.
Even if your Spotify account is connected to your Facebook account you can still your display name from the app itself to override your Facebook username for Spotify.
Well, that’s about it. However, if you are not satisfied and you still want to change your Spotify username you can try contacting the Spotify support team. And ask them to try help you create a new account with the same email but a new username.
Also Read: How to Create A Spotify Artist Account?
January 4 @ 12:00 am - January 17 @ 12:00 am
January 21 @ 10:00 am - January 25 @ 5:00 pm
NEPAL5 days ago
Quota system removing in Online Driving License Form
esewa6 days ago
How to Pay Tax Online in Nepal From e-Sewa?
Ncell6 days ago
Ncell Launches ‘Ncell Audio Class’ For Students
NEPAL5 days ago
Nepal Government Local-level becoming Information Technology Friendly
EVENTS2 days ago
KU HackFest 2021 Prize Announced. Know what will you get if you win.
Bank5 days ago
How to withdraw money from Siddhartha Bank without a check or ATM card?
NEPAL4 days ago
How to pay IRD Tax Online using Khalti Digital Wallet?
OPINION2 days ago
Messaging app signal is getting popularity all of sudden. Why this is happening right now?