Excel has a variety of in-built charts that can be used to visualize data. And creating these charts in Excel only takes a few clicks. Among the available diagrams, Pie chart is a popular and commonly used graph because in this chart you can show data as a percentage of a total. It’s so useful.
Why use a pie chart?
A pie chart is a useful tool for displaying basic statistical data in the shape of a circle, sometimes it is also called a circle chart. It can show lots of information in a small amount of space. They primarily show how different values add up to a whole. In this article, I’ll show you how to make a pie chart in Excel.
If you’re here then you already know that a pie chart is the best way to present your data. If not, though, then can read some points I’ve mentioned below:
- It can show a lot of information at once
- It allows for immediate analysis
- It requires little additional explanation
- Variations give you more options.
How to Make a Pie chart in Excel?
In this section, I’ll show you the steps to make a pie chart in Excel. While the images may differ but the steps will be the same for all versions of Excel. Now, follow these steps to make a pie chart in Excel:
- In your spreadsheet, select the data to use for your pie chart. If you want to know more information about the pie chart data should be arranged, then click here.
2.Then click on the Insert tab on the Ribbon. In the charts group, you’ll see insert pie and Doughnut chart, and then pic the chart you want.
3.And To add finishing touches, click on the chart and then click on the icons next to the chart
4.Once you’ve clicked that, your pie chart will appear.
- To show, hide or format things like axis titles or data labels, then click on the chart Elements
- If you want to change the color or styles of the chart quickly, then you can use chart styles
- If you want to show or hide your data in the charge, click on the Chart Filters
Keep in this mind, however, that pie chart isn’t always the best way to go. For example, if there are more than seven categories, a cluster column or bar chart will better serve your project. But some of the variations are available to allow charts to display a couple more categories. And if you want to show change over time, a line chart is probably your best bet.
Masters of Computer Science7 days ago
Overview of Linux Architecture
How To5 days ago
How to Connect AirPods to a Windows PC?
Software6 days ago
Everything You Must Know About Metasploit
Masters of Computer Science6 days ago
Variants of Linux! Most popular and useful distros
Cybersecurity3 days ago
Why digital Piracy is dangerous ?
Business19 hours ago
What is Industry 4.0? You must know these things
Technology19 hours ago
What is Cloud Computing? Everything You Must Know