These days most of our time is spent online. From online classes to online meetings, everything is done through the internet. This is why it is very important to protect yourself and your details from the thieves of the internet. You can use Virtual Private Network, or VPN to protect your privacy. Likewise, it is very easy to set up a VPN on your phone if you have a server address. But if you don’t have a server address, you can download a VPN app on your phone.
We will be discussing both ways, to set up a VPN as well as download an app for your phone. Moreover, the steps to set up on android and IOS is a bit different. Let us look at the steps. The steps below may differ depending on which device you are using.
Set up VPN on Android
1 Open the Settings on the phone and tap on connections or wireless networking option.
2. Scroll down and then tap on more.
3. Tap on VPN and then tap on add VPN which is at the right side. If you don’t have these options then, open the advanced options menu.
4. At last, Enter the required information like the server address, username, and password.
Setting up VPN on IOS
1 Go to the Settings from your Home screen and tap General.
2. Tap on VPN and then tap on Add VPN Configuration.
3. After that, tap on Type and then select VPN type from IKEv2, IPSec, or L2TP.
4. Enter the VPN settings information like description, server, and remote ID. Likewise, Enter the authentication login details like your username and password.
5. Tap Done and then, switch on the status which is under VPN Configurations.
Moreover, an easier way to use VPN is to download the app from the play store or apple store. You can also download a paid version of the VPN for better protection.
Also check out: How to Change wifi password? Here is a stepwise guide.