Samsung, the smartphone giant, has added a brand new mid-range smartphone in its large pool of smartphones. This edition of Samsung’s mid-range smartphone is the Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo which is the latest member of Samsung J-series.
As the mid-range smartphones are becoming increasingly popular among the customers, Samsung has stepped up in the camera department with the Galaxy J7 Duo.
Galaxy J7 Duo Camera
The Galaxy J7 Duo has a dual-camera setup in its back, which is first in the Samsung J-series mobile phones.
The name Galaxy J7 Duo comes because of its dual-camera setup in the back. The dual-camera setup in the back of the phone hosts a 13 megapixel and a 5-megapixel camera lens with an aperture of f/1.9 on both camera lenses. The dual cameras are accompanied by a LED flash.
The camera lens on the front of the phone is 8 megapixels which is also accompanied by a LED flash. The phone can record videos in full HD resolution. However, the phone lacks Optical Image Stabilization (OIS).
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo comes with a 5.5 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 720p. The screen resolution of 720p is one of the underwhelming aspects of the Galaxy J7 Duo.
Samsung J7 Duo storage
The phone is powered by Samsung’s own “Exynos 7885 Octa-Core chipset” along with 4 GB of RAM. The combination of Exynos chipset and 4 GB of RAM should deliver good performance as compared to its competition. The mid-range smartphone comes with 32 GB of internal storage capacity with an option to further expand it up to 256 GB using a dedicated microSD card slot.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo comes with an in-built fingerprint screen on the front. The fingerprint sensor on the phone is okay for the phone’s reputation and gives an extra security option.
The phone is packed with 3000mAh of battery which is excellent. You can get a battery life worth a full day on a 100% charge. The phone also has dual sim card slots.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo is available in two colors – Black and Gold. The phone costs Rs. 22,000 in Nepal.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo Specifications
- Display: 5.5 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Exynos 7885
- CPU: Octa-core (2 x 2.2 GHz Cortex -A73 & 6 x 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 32 GB (expandable up to 256 GB)
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/1.9, LED Flash
- Rear Camera: 13 MP & 5MP with f/1.9 aperture, LED Flash, HDR
- Video Resolution: 1080p@30fps
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, ANT+
- Battery: Removable Li-ion 3000 mAh battery
- SIM: Single/Dual Sim
- Connectivity: 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2,
- microUSB 2.0, FM radio and in-built GPS
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo), can be upgraded to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Colors: Black and Gold
- Price: Rs. 22,000 (at the time of launch)
Written by- Koshal Pandey