“Do you use an Instagram page for your business? Are you looking for a way to post to Instagram from your Facebook page from desktop?”
Facebook and Instagram both share a common platform for advertising and features like the target audience. For a while now, Instagram has added the feature of the option to share the posts of Instagram and its stories to Facebook.
Similarly, Facebook also has now a cross-post feature to share the content to Instagram from Facebook.
Facebook is trying out the share to Instagram option but they have not rolled it out on a massive scale yet. Some Facebook business pages can see this option to share an image post to Instagram, while others may not.
This feature seems quite interesting, right? In this post, we will be explaining exactly how you can cross-post from Facebook to Instagram and what are its actual benefits.
Why should you cross-post?
This cross-post is mainly for time-saving and additional chaos and efforts made for the same content to posts on similar platforms.
It is especially for social media managers of businesses to post frequently and manage the social contents on the different social media platforms.
Another main feature is that you can post images directly from the desktop. Usually, while creating content for the social media posts, we have images saved on the desktop and we have to do extra work to transfer it to the mobile.
Instagram as a platform is more featured on mobile devices and it has lots of restrictions on desktop use. So using this cross-post feature you can post images from desktop to Instagram directly.
Now let’s dive into how to do it.
How to Cross-Post From Your Facebook Page to Instagram?
Follow this step by step guide to cross-post to Instagram.
1. Link Your Instagram Account with Your Facebook Page
The first step is to link your Instagram account to your Facebook page that you manage.
- Click on “Settings” of your Facebook page from the top of the page.
- select the “Instagram” option on the left sidebar.
- “Log in” to link your Instagram account from the login option.
- Now your Insta account might have connected with your Facebook page.
2. Create an Image Post
Next, you can create a sample post from the Facebook page by going through the “write a post” option.
For now, you can only cross-post on Instagram if you have an image in the post that too only single images not multiple images.
Ensure that you upload a relevant image in your post because it is the same that goes to your Instagram account.
There arent restrictions till date when it comes to image size as Instagram supports vertical, square, and horizontal images. However, vertical photos taller than 4:3 ratio are not supported by Instagram.
So, if the image is taller, it will directly be cropped when being posted on Instagram.
Also, the captions are posted the same on the Instagram that you write for the Facebook page.
So, if you want to include hashtags for Instagram, you have to write it on Facebook as well. The other thing you can do is edit the content on Instagram after you post it on Instagram.
3. Publish to Facebook and Instagram Simultaneously
Once you are done creating your post check the cross-post on Instagram option as shown in the image below and post the content.
This is only a one-time setting you had to set it. Now you logged in once and linked to your Instagram account, you just need to tick the cross-platform to Instagram post.
If you schedule future posts on Facebook, the same will not be applied for the Instagram account. It only works for the post now option till date.
The thing you should keep in mind is that if you have two-factor authentication enabled, it won’t allow cross-posting. So, if you want to cross-post from Facebook to Instagram using this feature, you need to disable two-factor authentication from your Instagram account.
Restrictions and limitations to Cross-Posting Feature.
- You will need to disable two-factor authentication from your Instagram account to be able to cross-post from Facebook to Instagram. This feature is not available for personal accounts and is only applicable to Facebook business pages.
- This cross-posting option is currently available only for single-image posts and is not applicable to Stories and multiple-image posts.
- The cross-posting feature is not available for the Facebook mobile app and is currently available only for desktop.
- This feature has still not been completely rolled out and might still not be available for all Facebook pages.
- You can only cross-post to Instagram if you select the “post now” option and do not work with the “post later” option.
NEPAL5 days ago
Smart Driving License Online Form Registration made unlimited now!
News6 hours ago
“Use another machine to continue”. Why this message is shown while filling a smart driving license in Nepal?
Security6 days ago
Simple and Easy Steps to Lock a Folder on Windows 10
android5 days ago
How To Enable Call Forwarding on Android?
android5 days ago
Simple Trick To Change Navigation Bar Color On Your Android Device
Google2 days ago
How to Add Movies and TV Shows to Your Google Watch list?
android2 days ago
How To Uninstall Multiple Apps On Android Using Google Play Store?
android3 days ago
How To Check IMEI Number in Any Android Phone?