Foodathon #hackthehunger is a two days event organized by Bitsladder with an aim to harness promising entrepreneurs in bringing sustainable innovative solutions to challenges around sustainable food system, production, and supply.
Ten selected teams will develop and present their ideas on this hackathon. The top winning team will be awarded surprising prizes along with Cash price Rs. 50,000.
About the event: Foodathon #hackthehunger
This event is going to be held on 13th-14th of June 2020.
Media Partners of the event
- ICT Byte
- Living with ICT
- Hello Khabar Patrika
- Krishi today
- UpSarga technology
- Youth can
- Youth opportunities Nepal
- Ensemble For Bachelors
- Jobs sniper
Basic requirements for registration:
1. A brilliant idea on how to tackle challenges on food sustainability.
2. A team of 2 to 4 members.
3. There is no age bar for participants.
4. Teams with agricultural backgrounds and technology are strongly encouraged.
5. Nepali citizens (NRNA members) are eligible to apply.
Themes for the hackathon:
- Urban Farming
- Growing Food
- Organic Farming
- Food Storage
- Food Supply Chain
Schedule of the hackathon
- 24 May 2020 – registration of the team starts
- 06 June 2020- registration for team ends
- 09 June 2020- announcement of the 10 selected Foodathon teams
- 13-14 June 2020- Date of the Foodathon
Prize and benefits for the Participants
- 50,000 cash prize to one winner
- Winner token for the winning team
- 6-month mentorship from our mentoring partner for the theme winner (depends upon mentees/team initiative)
- Networking Opportunities for all the participants
- All the participants receive 6 sessions on entrepreneurship and innovation with E-certificate.
- Certificate and tokens to the winner of each theme.
Here is the Registration link of the event: https://tinyurl.com/y8wegj25.
Participate if you want to bring change with an innovation with your idea.