Foodathon #hackthe hunger is an innovative event where teams consisting of skilled experts engage in creating solutions for food sustainability issues and challenges in a collaborative environment.
The outcome may be an ICT tool, software, app, sustainable product, business model, or other solution, which may lead to the inception of a start-up business or project.
This Foodathon is an opportunity to show how production, storage, and transportation of food-related challenges can be turned into opportunities and could be solved in a sustainable way.
An exemplary solution is efficient, innovative, scalable, and as a cross-cutting theme environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable.
All projects will be in line with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), especially with SDG 2 Zero Hunger.
BITS Ladder and its various partners are organizing this event for food sustainability regarding food production, storage, and supply during and after the crisis. The schedule of the foodathon is as follows:
- 24 May 2020 – Registration Starts
- 06 June 2020 – Registration Ends
- 10 June 2020 – Announcement of selected teams
- 12 June 2020 – Orientation program for participants
- 13-14 June 2020 – Final Foodathon Event
They received a total of 60 applications, out of which 19 teams were sent for further evaluation after they fulfilled the first criteria.
The ideas were selected on the basis of Creativity, Impact Potential, Sustainability, Scalability, and Business Model by a team of experts on voting basis.
The selected teams are as follow:
The winning team will win seed money of Rs 50,000 for the implementation of the solution or idea along with mentorship opportunities.
The solution or idea should be able to tackle the ongoing food crisis in Nepal. The winners will get the following benefits:
- 50,000 cash prize to one winner
- Winner token for the winning team
- 6-month mentorship from our mentoring partner for the theme winner (depends upon mentees/team initiative)
- Certificate and tokens to the winner of each theme
- Networking Opportunities for all the participants
- All the participants receive 6 sessions on entrepreneurship and innovation with E-certificate.
Organizer: BITS Ladder Pvt. Ltd.
Knowledge Partner: Thought for Food
Branding Partner: Upsarga Technologies
Technical Partner: Microsoft
Payment Partner: Khalti
- Hasera Permaculture Learning Centre
- Green Growth
- Utopia Kathmandu
- King’s College
- Ensemble for Bachelors
- ITS Nepal
- AIESEC Nepal
- Youth Opportunities Nepal
- CSIT Association of Nepal
- Sustainability Week Kathmandu
- Empowering Youth in Sustainable Agriculture
- Stay in Farm
- Youth CAN
- Jobs Sniper
- ICT Byte
- Halo Khabar
- Living with ICT
- Krishi Today
- Krishak ra Prabidhi
- Mr. Butcher
- Order Sathi
- Story Cycle
- Windpower Nepal
- Gandaki Urja
- Teach for Nepal Alumni Association
- Smart Krishi