Women in IT (WIIT) Nepal organized a conference on “Raising the voice of women in ICT” on the occasion of International Women’s Day 2020 om March 7, 2020. The event was held on Hotel Akama.
The event was started with tea with registration. With announcing of al special guests, the conference was started.
Chairperson of Women in Information and Technology Gunakeshari Pradhan welcomed all the participants and guest. She presented teh profile and objective of WIIT along with the highlights of the conference.
Research director of Kathmandu Engineering College, Dr Pratima Pradhan was keynote speaker. A representative from NTA and IOE provided the remarks as a guest. Similarly, chief guest of the event was there for his remarks as well.
The session “Economic Empowerment of Women through ICT and ICT related jobs was there with experts, Ms. Reva Rajbhandari, Director of Microbanker Nepal Pvt. Ltd. Ms Dibyatara Shakya from British College was with topic ICT Education for Empowering Girls.
There was a panel discussion with Women Professionals and Entrepreneurs in ICT. Dibyashwari Dali was the moderator. Speakers in the panel discussion were:
- Sewa Pathak, CEO of Vianet
- Minu Pradhan, Director of Nepal Telecom
- Ratna Tara Baidhya, IT Chief of Prabhu Bank
- Yaju Pradhan, Project Manager of Leapfrog Technologies
A panel discussion with topic “Strategic use of ICTs for Development” was also there moderated by Shikha Shrestha.
Panel members were:
- Prabha Rajbhandari Pradhan, CAN Help
- Roja Kiran Basukala, Nepal Telecommunication Authority
- Neera Shrestha Pradhan , ICIMOD
- Ganga Subba, Sagarmatha College of IT
Last session was for “Emerging Women Leaders in ICT”
Presentation were made by
- Women in STEM
- Robotics Association of Nepal
- Women Leaders in Technology
- Girls in Tech