Working with Microsoft Word is good but when it comes to unexpectedly an application crash, or having your computer run into an error may cause a Word document to disappear unsaved. This often results in loss of data, time, and effort.
Don’t panic! Luckily, there are a few ways to try to recover an unsaved Word document. You may be able to bring your work back onto your computer. Let’s get started-
Methods to recover deleted and unsaved document in MS Word
Method 1- Use the Recover Unsaved Documents function in Word
For this method follow the steps outlined below :
1. Open Microsoft Word and go to the File menu on top of your window.
2. You’ll see Manage Document option, then tap on its dropdown menu and choose Recover Unsaved Documents. This will take you to a new window where you can see all of your unsaved documents and select you want to reopen.
3. Once the document is open, you can proceed to save through the File menu or use the Ctrl+S keyboard shortcut.
Method 2-Restore deleted Word documents from the Recycle Bin
If you deleted a Word document accidentally, you can restore the document through Recycle Bin on your desktop.
- Go to the Recycle Bin on your desktop. And check if it has any files or contents over there.
- Select the Word file and click “Restore” to restore it.
Note: This method doesn’t work if you have already deleted files from recycle bin, because the deleted file may have been permanently removed.
Set Up Auto Recover in MS Word
Many people have experienced a situation where we’ve created a Word document and so accidentally closed it out without saving it. To solve this, you’d better enable Auto Recover.
1.Firstly, select File menu and choose Options -> “Save“.
2. Choose “Save Auto Recover Information every X minutes “and enter the number of minutes as your wish.
3. You’ve to be sure that the “Keep the last autosaved version if I close without saving” is selected.
4. Click “OK” to finalize the change.
Hope this article was useful in recovering your unsaved or deleted Word documents.
People are Loving
A Complete and Powerful Guide for Google Search Console (GSC) 
Google Search Console (GCS): Google Search Console is a webmaster tools which helps to check the website statistics and index...
Blue Screen Error on Microsoft Surface Pro: Fix it with some Simple Methods
The latest Microsoft Surface Pro models have great functionality. But they’re not immune to the common issues you face in...
8 ways to grow your Tiktok followers and get famous
Are you wondering about how to grow your Tiktok followers? TikTok is one of the latest social media sites, and...
Tips and Tricks to Make Siri More Useful
Everyone has love and hate relationship with Siri. Siri is Apple’s voice controlled digital assistant of iOS. Siri is powered...
How to remove Microsoft Edge from Windows 10?
Browsers Overview Many people use Google Chrome browser, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari Browser, and some of the professional user...
10 Hits in 30 Days
Security4 weeks ago
Data Safety on the Cloud – How to Keep your Cloud Storage Safe and Sound
Certification4 weeks ago
Only 4 Steps and Your Certbolt PMI PMP Certification in Your Pocket!
Share Market3 weeks ago
IPO Result of Jeevan Bikash Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (JBLBSL). When will JBLBSL IPO Result Publish?
Share Market3 weeks ago
IPO Result of Manakamana Smart Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited. When will Manakamana Smart Laghubitta IPO Result Publish?
Computer3 weeks ago
People are using these 8 easy tips to stop spam in their mail.
EVENTS3 weeks ago
ICT Award 2021 – Biggest Tech Award of Nepal calls for Nomination
Auto Life1 week ago
Bike Tax Rate in Nepal [ 2078/79 – Latest Update ]
OPINION2 weeks ago
Nest Nepal Hosting Review: Is it worth buying Nest Nepal’s Hosting in Nepal?