Working with Microsoft Word is good but when it comes to unexpectedly an application crash, or having your computer run into an error may cause a Word document to disappear unsaved. This often results in loss of data, time, and effort.
Don’t panic! Luckily, there are a few ways to try to recover an unsaved Word document. You may be able to bring your work back onto your computer. Let’s get started-
Methods to recover deleted and unsaved document in MS Word
Method 1- Use the Recover Unsaved Documents function in Word
For this method follow the steps outlined below :
1. Open Microsoft Word and go to the File menu on top of your window.
2. You’ll see Manage Document option, then tap on its dropdown menu and choose Recover Unsaved Documents. This will take you to a new window where you can see all of your unsaved documents and select you want to reopen.
3. Once the document is open, you can proceed to save through the File menu or use the Ctrl+S keyboard shortcut.
Method 2-Restore deleted Word documents from the Recycle Bin
If you deleted a Word document accidentally, you can restore the document through Recycle Bin on your desktop.
- Go to the Recycle Bin on your desktop. And check if it has any files or contents over there.
- Select the Word file and click “Restore” to restore it.
Note: This method doesn’t work if you have already deleted files from recycle bin, because the deleted file may have been permanently removed.
Set Up Auto Recover in MS Word
Many people have experienced a situation where we’ve created a Word document and so accidentally closed it out without saving it. To solve this, you’d better enable Auto Recover.
1.Firstly, select File menu and choose Options -> “Save“.
2. Choose “Save Auto Recover Information every X minutes “and enter the number of minutes as your wish.
3. You’ve to be sure that the “Keep the last autosaved version if I close without saving” is selected.
4. Click “OK” to finalize the change.
Hope this article was useful in recovering your unsaved or deleted Word documents.
Also Read: CG launches Nepal’s first Google Certified Android TV
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.