The 7 Cs of Effective Communication
- Clarity ( not vague)
- Conciseness( short, simple and brief)– brevity is the key to effective communication
- Completeness ( well-connected thoughts in the form of sentences)
- Consideration( be emphatic—right ideas should be stressed on)
- Correctness( accuracy) – no rumors, no bias and no grammatical errors. It should be exact and correct.
- Concreteness: It should be to the point supported by facts and figures in a very easy language.
- Courtesy : This implies that both sender and receiver should have good terms with each other so as to understand each other’s thoughts and feelings and respect them.
( Practical, factual, concise, clear, and persuasive– in book)
Nature / Characteristics of Communication
- It’s a two-way process.
- It is an ongoing process.
- It is meaning-based.
- It is a social process.
- It is contextual.
- It is an inter-disciplinary science
- It avoids misunderstanding.
- It is dynamic.
- It’s more than words( signs, gestures are used).
10 It is pervasive( used all levels of management in business)