If there is something that can be modiefied and is shareable, then it can be termed as opens source. Open source is designed in such a way that it can be accessed publicly.
Open Source Software: Introduction
- If there is software with source code and the code can be easily modified, enhanced and inspected, then the software can be called open-source software.
- Source code can’t be easily seen by the users who use the software but the programmer can manipulate and change it.
- Programmers with access to source code can enhance and improve the program or software by adding the features in it. Also, bugs can be fixed easily.
Principle of Open Source
- Its open source way which is set of principles. This principle is driven from open source software development.
Most common and important principles of open source
- Have access to information and necessary materials
- Anyone can watch
- Ability to see what’s going on
- One can freely participate
- This helps to enhance work of eacj other
- New possibilities can be seen
- Early and Often Release
- More collaboration, more perspective
- Leads to early and often release
- Community / Participation
- Shared value with common purpose
- Community goal
- Easy reporting of defects in software
- Allowing to see those defects and feedbacks to public
- Public forum for criticism