Reliance Jio has launched its own video-calling platform called JioMeet in India to take on Zoom and other video conferencing applications like Google Meet and Microsoft Teams.
JioMeet application allows free calls in HD (720p) up to 100 participants and users can host a call for up to 24 hrs.
Recently we heard about India banning 59 Chinese apps and now on Thursday the new launch of the Jio app to take over other popular video conferencing platforms
Features of JioMeet
- The JioMeet app allows users to set up a conference call up to 100 participants in full HD up to 24 hrs host time.
- Enterprise-level grade host controls that include password protection for meetings, the ability to share screen, a waiting room, and the flexibility to schedule meetings.
- Multiple device login support up to 5 Devices.
- Seamless switch between devices while on a call
- No need to sign in to join a meeting works with “Meeting ID or a “Personal link name.
- Allows an unlimited number of calls
- Supports multiple devices like Android, iOS, Windows 10, MAC
- Safe Driving Mode available to allow users to continue their meeting in route.
How to use Jio Meet?
- Download the Jio Meet from the Google Play store. Or you can also use the web versions if you are on desktop or PC.
- Sign up using your mobile number.
- You will see multiple options to join in an ongoing meeting, new meetings, or schedule a meeting. Choose as your purpose.
- If you don’t have an account you can also use a Meeting ID or Personal name to join in existing meetings.
JioMeet Vs Zoom: Similarities and Differences
Both have common looking interface however the color is different i.e JioMeet has a dark blue shade and zoom has a light blue color.
Jio meet and Zoom both are free video conferencing tools that supports 1:1 call as well as large group calls upto 100 participants. Also, similar feature that provides numerous enterprise-grade host controls on both the apps.
Jiomeet app supports exclusive features like multiple device login support upto 5 devices and switch functionality between devices which cannot be found on Zoom.
zoom has lots of security and privacy issues earlier, but JioMeet is still new and we had to wait some time for its privacy and security offerings.
iOS6 days ago
New Apple Leak Reveals iPhone 13 Release Shock
App5 days ago
Twitter reportedly discussed buying social audio app Clubhouse for $4 billion
News4 days ago
Another 500 million accounts have leaked online, and LinkedIn’s in the hot seat
How To6 days ago
How to use torrent safely?
Social5 days ago
TikTok Rolling Auto-caption Feature
Technology3 days ago
Everything You Need to Know About the Dark Web
Social6 days ago
Facebook Tested Hotline as Live Audio Chat Rival to Clubhouse
Software2 days ago
How to clear your all browsers cache?