Reliance Jio has launched its own video-calling platform called JioMeet in India to take on Zoom and other video conferencing applications like Google Meet and Microsoft Teams.
JioMeet application allows free calls in HD (720p) up to 100 participants and users can host a call for up to 24 hrs.
Recently we heard about India banning 59 Chinese apps and now on Thursday the new launch of the Jio app to take over other popular video conferencing platforms
Features of JioMeet
- The JioMeet app allows users to set up a conference call up to 100 participants in full HD up to 24 hrs host time.
- Enterprise-level grade host controls that include password protection for meetings, the ability to share screen, a waiting room, and the flexibility to schedule meetings.
- Multiple device login support up to 5 Devices.
- Seamless switch between devices while on a call
- No need to sign in to join a meeting works with “Meeting ID or a “Personal link name.
- Allows an unlimited number of calls
- Supports multiple devices like Android, iOS, Windows 10, MAC
- Safe Driving Mode available to allow users to continue their meeting in route.
How to use Jio Meet?
- Download the Jio Meet from the Google Play store. Or you can also use the web versions if you are on desktop or PC.
- Sign up using your mobile number.
- You will see multiple options to join in an ongoing meeting, new meetings, or schedule a meeting. Choose as your purpose.
- If you don’t have an account you can also use a Meeting ID or Personal name to join in existing meetings.
JioMeet Vs Zoom: Similarities and Differences
Both have common looking interface however the color is different i.e JioMeet has a dark blue shade and zoom has a light blue color.
Jio meet and Zoom both are free video conferencing tools that supports 1:1 call as well as large group calls upto 100 participants. Also, similar feature that provides numerous enterprise-grade host controls on both the apps.
Jiomeet app supports exclusive features like multiple device login support upto 5 devices and switch functionality between devices which cannot be found on Zoom.
zoom has lots of security and privacy issues earlier, but JioMeet is still new and we had to wait some time for its privacy and security offerings.
January 21 @ 10:00 am - January 25 @ 5:00 pm
EVENTS6 days ago
KU HackFest 2021 Prize Announced. Know what will you get if you win.
NEPAL6 days ago
Now common mistake will be accepted in License Trail
OPINION6 days ago
Messaging app signal is getting popularity all of sudden. Why this is happening right now?
How To6 days ago
How to turn on Edge Lighting on an Android Device?
esewa5 days ago
You can Now Load Fund or Make Transactions via eSewa by Linking Your Bank Account
NEPAL3 days ago
Nagarik App: Nepal Government launches app to provide government services through a single platform!
News6 days ago
Donald Trump permanently banned on Snapchat too!
How To6 days ago
How To Save Google Maps Route Offline?