As the anticipation builds for the 29th edition of CAN Infotech, organized by the Computer Association Nepal Federation (CAN Federation), General Secretary Chiranjibi Adhikari shares insights into the event’s history, evolution, and innovative features awaiting attendees.
Established in 1992 by Dr. Bimal Kumar Sharma, CAN Federation has played a pivotal role in the country’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector. Since its inception in 1995, CAN Infotech has grown from a modest venue at Tripureshwar Hotel to the expansive BICC Hall and now stands as a continuous presence at Bhrikutimandap. In 2015, CAN evolved into CAN Federation, expanding its membership categories to include individual, institute, district, and sectoral members.
General Secretary Chiranjibi Adhikari shares insights into the event’s history, evolution, and innovative features awaiting attendees.
The 29th edition of CAN Infotech, commencing on January 25 at Bhrikutimandap, promises to be a testament to Nepal’s technological advancements. President Podar highlighted the event’s special focus on startups, providing a platform for these emerging entities to showcase their innovations and contributions to the industry.
Preparations for the event are well underway, with all sponsors secured and only a handful of stalls still available. CAN Federation expects to draw over 4 lakh visitors, including students, government employees, and IT professionals, reflecting the widespread interest in the rapidly evolving IT landscape.
This year’s CAN Infotech is set to feature not only hardware exhibitions but also spotlight software, startups, and students. Approximately 80% of the stalls have already been booked, with the remaining 20% in the process of being reserved.
In addition to the comprehensive exhibition, CAN Infotech will host interactive programs with stakeholders and experts, offering insights into the global and local IT markets. The event aims to provide attendees with a firsthand look at the technological advancements made in Nepal and the promising future of the IT sector.